He-li-O

I decided to set up this site to share knowledge with everyone in my classes, in particular to deal with interesting questions and concepts that have been raised up by students, some of which may not be in the syllabus but are interesting learning points. (And I can get it down in print before I forget to get back to students=P) It also includes questions which flash through my boggled mind once in a while or to clarify issues present in class.

Biology is really about life . There was a period of time when I wanted to focus on cell and molecular work, only to take a step back and say, I want to know more about life in general as well otherwise my education in the field is not complete. Biology is huge and your teacher is not enlightened yet but will try his best to direct your path to the end of the tunnel where the light is.

---------------------------

Please note:

Consultation during the September holidays will take place from Thurs - Sat (12-4pm)
Do let me know if you are coming down via email: chan_huang_kiat@moe.edu.sg otherwise I might not come down to school.
I might not be able to reply you readily because I will be away til Wed morning. My apologies but I will be down on Thurs definitely.
Do let me know if you need to see me beyond the above time slot.

Cheers for the mugging.

--------------------------

There are some running questions in my head now. Will post them once I have the time. It is a busy holiday too. :P

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohayo chan sensei! ahahahaha

slagoon said...

omg! chan sensei! where's the tag board =P

CJWD said...

you have to give me a break on tag board. What's that huh? :P
until i figure that out, this will have to do for nw. bleah.

Anonymous said...

hahahahhah. sensei.. hahahahaha. anyone want mr chan's dancing video? heh. okie gtg study bio. heh

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA Hi Mr Chan, thanks for setting up this blog.

A groovy kind of life to you too. :P
-suat ying

gavannnn said...

dance sensei dance!!! wahahahah xD

Etzy said...

CHAN SENSEI!
YOU ARE HOT!
CHAN SENSEI!
YOU ARE COOL!
CHAN SENSEI!
YOU ARE HOT AND COOL!
CHAN SENSEI!
YOU ARE TOO HOT TO HANDLE, TOO COLD TO HOLD!

gavannnn said...

ehhhh i got question!!


why is the lac operon's mRNA termed polycistronic? as i know that thats because it codes for an mRNA which carries the information of a few genes. but isnt that the case most of the time? where an mRNA strand carries more than one gene's information? are they termed as polycistronic too?

gavannnn said...

oh ya one more..

sir you use msn messenger? :D

Post a Comment