Stress Management: How Do U Cope?

When I was at your age?
I have absolutely no idea. Many years back, the last lesson of the normal curriculum would end at 5:10pm which is my Mon.
I have training on Tue, Thurs and Sat which would end beyond 8pm on the weekdays with PT on the track and pull-up bars when daylight no longer existed while Sat would end at 2pm with only half the day to ourselves.
My Friday evening was taken up by CLCDS when I would meet up with my kakis to laugh ourselves silly at drama time, ending slightly early at about 7:30pm. In short, the only days of the weeks which I can sit back, relax and do some proper readings are Wednesday, late Sat afternoon and Sunday. I caught myself zoning out in lectures sometimes thus I have never slap any kiddos awake because the regimen of life can be tedious. But I always make sure I have completed notes to study from should I missed out anything in lectures or missed lessons. Notes will be read on the bus and work done in breaks betw lessons or after school before training. Surprisingly I got through. Perhaps we never have the distraction of the internet or handphone. That is our generation gap. Or maybe it is all about discipline.

Does that mean that everything sail smoothly?
Sometimes it is a smiling face who understand falls and sadness most. I have gone through my fair share of emotional hardship, whether it is about self-esteem, stress, falling short of expectations or loneliness.
And I think that is somethings all your teachers can offer to you beside content knowledge - our experience in life as we battle our own demons and came out bruised and tattered phyiscally and at heart but survived to continue our journey with a fresh perspective and tougher hide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment