thanks coach

Last night was the 60th bday celebration for my softball coach for his 21st years of service with Raffles. Tributes were made, generations of softballers came down, and it was an emotional affair for him. I was the only representative from my batch and it did feel a little lonely. I mingled with ex-students, ex-teammates, ex-teachers-in-charges. But at the end of the day, I realised that I had forgotten to get a gift for coach because my roles get a little confused over the years. with nothing but sincerity, I went up to my coach, representing my batch mates, thanking him for all that he had done during our formative years. I told him that I have always been the quiet one, and still is. So we shook hands in our expression of appreciation but he never let go as we talked about several other things. I guess we were both not men of many words. Thank you coach, we were the first batch of softballers whom you saw through for 6 years. Thank you for giving me the space to step up my game, never scolding me when I fell short of your expectations and giving me some of the highlights of my student life. I may be a fairly strong player in my time but I never had the fire for competition. Thank you for understanding. Through you, we learnt more than just the game but also the tenacity, resilience and comradeship. Your efforts and words have never been forgotten. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment