raNdoM

21st

Definitely not mine :) but attended another bday birthday last night and realised that this was the 3rd one this year with the same bunch of ex-students.
Over the course the years, these fellows have changed and I too wondered if I did.
When I started to shift back the stuff in school back home early this wk, I was also reading the cards and notes written by these kids to realise my own progression over the same period of time.
I paused and asked myself if there exists a need to leave because there are still so much I can learn, so much to give and so much more to do as a teacher and as a person. Then I remembered that this trip was started with an ideal bigger than myself for I knew deep down that this journey will bring more to others in time to come.
Be brave and find that adventurous side again!

The Model Student

J said A must be a model student with her positive attitude in learning and incessant questioning. I thought for quite a long time and started asking myself, what is a model student?
There is no definition of one because it is relative. There are some teachers who insisted on perfect silence while others preferred a bombardment of questions during lessons. There are others who loved the natural high achievers but there are also others who preferred those flapping in water but brimming with potential.
to me, I think we be who we are but know to be kind, respectful, sincere and generous with our friends, peers and teachers/seniors. And it is more than what you do in class but also outside class that speaks of you.

If J goes by that definition, I am definitely not a model student in sec sch or jc (but I am a friend of singa! ahha) but i would be one in uni yet still i know one of my lecturers does not like me for asking too much questions =P

0 comments:

Post a Comment