It's about Giving

Went to school today and one of my friends asked how much effort should we put into farewell assembly? "Even if I do a lot, I don't think they will appreciate." He pointed out about the time I stayed up til 3am+ to work on some pet project of mine.
I guess I never will really know if pple appreciate but then I thought, it is not about receiving but the giving that make one happy.And I guess teaching is not a profession that you may want to talk about instant appreciation or gratification despite a Teachers' Day. I think the relationship goes beyond sch time. For now, I want to be able to look back and say that I have given the best possible for my students, for them to have a good start in mind and heart for the future.

If you never open your heart in the first place, you cannot expect others to open theirs first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr chan

we really appreciate what you did for us very much! it was really nice and thoughtful of you to put in so much effort into making the booklet and collar pin for us (: we love them very much. it really brings meaning to jc life to a new level (: we really never expected it and it was a pleasant surprise.

cjwd said...

though you have not leave an id, you are most welcome to the surprises =) and to remind all that at the end of the day everyone is part of this class

Post a Comment